Some people don’t know what to anticipate when going into their first therapy appointment. There could be a lot of fear from the unknown, and so this article highlights six things to expect out of therapy:
- You might see “more” and “deeper” than you used to
- You might find yourself lost in your thoughts more frequently than before
- People might resist this “new” version of you
- You might identify “toxic” or “harmful” patterns more easily than before
- You develop a fuller emotional vocabulary
- You might end up with more questions than answers
Read on to learn more in depth and be prepared!